Thursday 28 February 2013

I Hate Winter - further ruminations from a disturbed mind.


" I love Winter" said no one...ever. 




More tasteful ( and not so tasteful )  pics from talented winter haters.....starting with a bad pun.













In keeping with" I can't wait for spring", this past weekend was filled with stuff to make me want an end to winter, even more.

Friday night my wife and  went to the Outdoors/Boat show. Lots of very expensive boats, some cool exhibits...the usual. Fun to see.

Sunday, my brother in law and I went to the motorcycle show in Montreal.
Lots of expensive bikes, some cool exhibits... worth the drive.
And I felt at home...apparently there are lots of old guys with grey ponytails wearing leather vests and Harley T's  living in Montreal.
I guess that is where they/we all end up.
Who knew?

The shitty news is that yesterday there was a snow storm...hurrah !
More snow to melt !
My thoughts below....




I need/want a tattoo that says that.

There needs to be a class action suit against Canada for luring my ancestors here under false pretences.
I do not believe they were retards.
I don't think they had low self esteem or felt the need to punish themselves. ( like..."I probably practice self abuse too much and will burn in hell unless I repent..It's one of the biggies says Father McFelch...Hey!  let's move to Canada! God will surely forgive me if I spend the rest of my life suffering there...as long as I can keep my paws off' of  my pud...")

The only logical explanation is false advertising on Canada's part.

Here is an immigration poster from around 1900.
....it sure as shit does not look like that outside at this moment !




Can you imagine an immigrant's 1st winter in 1901 ?

Bet there were some very pissed off and shocked people.
It was probably like... " Dude!!!! what's that white shit falling from the sky, and why is it so cold ? "

But the important thing is...the Canadian government should make up for their heinous duplicity .
Seems only fair.

Last day of February today !
March tomorrow...

Just think..only a few more weeks and there will be actual motorcylce blogs!
Not just weird ramblings...but rides, and stories of adventure and daring-do.

stay tuned.



al



No comments:

Post a Comment