Thursday 14 June 2012

Laconia trip - last day and random pics.

Monday morning arrived sunny and hot.
The motel had a continental breakfast so we grabbed some free food before we headed out.
I don't know what I did, but there was a waffle maker, and I burned one side really bad...it was all stuck on the grill. It was pretty much unusable when I was done with it.
Oh well ...shit happens.

We headed to Burlington Vermont and came back via Swanton to highway 11 through Malone.
More windmills.

Didn't really take any memorable pics.

Again I was struck by the apparent lack of paint and paint brushes in this part of New York.
The only explanation for the peeling paint on all of the homes?...some sort of labour strife at the paint factory.
Or perhaps the people just don't G.A.F.

When we crossed at Ogdensburg, there was a homeland security check leaving the country.
WTF ?  Shouldn't they just be happy to get rid of us?

He gave Brent a hard time for his "Road Captain" patch.....
I am guessing the "if you don't speak English, get the fuck out " patch on his vest probably didn't help either ... :)

But still, the guy was pretty rude .
A real asshole.

Canada side?
The guy was  friendly and polite. ...like he was happy to have us back in the country or something.
Reminded me of the Canadians from South Park....just a guy happy to be eatin' his Kraft dinner.

45  minutes later...I pulled into the laneway at home, and there was my loving family. 
I handed over the  loot I brought back...t shirts/tanktops/ sea shells.

And it was all over but the visa payments :)

Oh ya! ....Here are a bunch of pictures that I didn't post with the other Laconia blogs.
Kind of random.
Enjoy.
I will get some more up tomorrow.

Aside.....I think I will have a rant blog about everything that is f-cked up in Canada, soon.
I will title it accordingly so you can skip it if you so desire.
Freedom of speech and all that.


                                         
                                           Vermont




                                   Helmet off in New Hampshire

                              
                             Stream beside the Kancamagus


                           White Mountain National Park


                          Valley in the White Mountains



                          Brent chillin at the ocean


                         Scary Weirdos...WTF ?
                         Would you buy life insurance from these losers ?

 
                      Just arrived in Laconia on the strip


                     Happy faces on little rocks at the ocean...why ?



                     The bikes packed and ready to head out


                    Bikes pouring into Weirs beach

                   
                  Rodney, Brent and Amy

                 
                  
                Another view from the Profile Motel.



No comments:

Post a Comment