Friday 13 September 2013

I'm back ....Some recent rides

Contrary to what my lack of posts would seem to show, I have been getting some riding in.
Been busy at work, too.
Life has been getting in the way of blogging.
Plus I have been working on the laptop a lot at work...sometimes the last thing I want to do is spend more time on a computer when I get home.


Nothing huge in ride world...but enough hours to be decent.

Two weekends ago Brent and I met in Lanark and headed towards Tweed via Sharbot lake and Wagerville.
From there we rode up to Combermere via the Boulter road.
We stopped at the little waterfall park outside of Combermere for lunch.















We came home old Barry's Bay road/Wilno/Golden Lake/Renfrew.
Not massive... but a good 500 km or so ride.


Last Friday my wife ( a.k.a.  ..."the biker hottie" ) and I took a little spin out to Richmond, then Malakof road to Donnely road, Burrits rapids to Merrickville, Smiths Falls, Carleton Place for dinner and then home.
Great company and a great ride.



Last weekend, we headed out to Sharbot lake, and cut over towards Wagerville and then turned on highway 41.
Stopped for a rest at Beaver Lake.


 

 Nice spot



We kept going through Kaladar, Northbrook, Cloyne, Mazinaw and turned at Vennachar, and headed up the Matawatchan road.
Quite awesome.

Stopped for a break in Calabogie by the lake.










Calabogie road to Wolfgrove to Almont...and then home.
Again...not massive but a great day.
It was nice and cool. The bikes like that....they are air cooled.
On a really hot day it can feel like having a really really hot,  "hot-water bottle" under your nads.
Not very nice precious.
No.... not at all!

I also bought a filter and some oil this week to do an oil change.
You know what that means don't you?... break out the Hazmat team for my laneway this weekend !

And of course there will be a ride on Sunday.
Not sure exactly where yet... but somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment