Tuesday 3 June 2014

Recent Rides

With the nice weather, I have been able to get a bunch of quality riding in.

2 weekends ago,  Brent and I headed up to Sharbot Lake, and then turned off to ride the Wagarville road.
Went through Tichborne and Parham.
Ended up in Napanee, and then headed to Lake Ontario.

The bugs were insane. Some kind of non biting fly in absolutely huge balls of thousands just above the highway.
I guess they were doing "the nasty" or whatever it is bugs do.

We stopped at a bunch of the usual spots along way.






 
 
 

The parkway right to Brockville was awesome.
From there we headed home through Smiths Falls.

A few mid week after dinner rides and it was this last weekend.

After some morning canoeing on the mighty Jock river, Biker Hottie and I went to Arnprior on the bike via West Carleton.
We came back highway 29 through Pakenham and Almonte.
We stopped at the park at the bridge.






Sunday I met up with Brent in Perth, and we did a good long ride...the longest for me this year.
Just under 600 KM.
Started Calabogie road and ended up in Whitney...just below Algonquin park.

On the way to Maynooth we rested beside a small but pretty lake. No name that I can find.
There was  zero traffic on the road...just nice and quiet.










We came home through Bancroft and Renfrew.
I was kinda beat when I got home.

And this week?
I have an appointment out at Black's Corners tire to get my rear tire changed on Thursday.
It isn't totally bald yet, but next Friday (the 13th ) Brent and I are going to bike week in New Hampshire, and I don't want to risk it.

Bike week in New Hampshire deserves a "Fuckin' A"!!
Ok...2 of them...

In 11 sleeps I will be riding in the White Mountains with no helmet.
State motto?
Live Free or Die.
Can't wait!
Just gotta get through 11 days...




No comments:

Post a Comment