Friday 25 May 2012

It's Friday and I have been off all week.

I worked on a project at the house, helped out my buddy Brent on a project he has going, did a little of my real job by remote, and did some riding of course!

Got out a couple of evenings with my wife. Did the canal, and another night went up through Carp and back, with a stop for ice cream.

Yesterday I left the house meaning to be gone for only a couple of hours, and ended up  gone for a 6 hr. ride.
I ended up at Mont Tremblant by way of Hawkesbury, Montebello.
A truly amazing area.
Mountains, lakes, rivers, rolling meadows , picturesque farms....
I had a hard time deciding when to stop and take pictures...it was like a sensory overload of "scenic vistas".

Ended up happy but sunburned.

The Laurentians

More Laurentians

The Red River in Brebeuf


More Red River



Today the weather was looking a little iffy with a good chance of thundershowers, so I got out for only  a couple of hours this morning.
Went along River rd. to Kemptville, then Merrickville, Smith Falls, Perth, Carleton place and home.
Wore a long sleeve shirt...arms still tender from yesterday.

Merrickville is a real pretty town.
It has the whole "heritage stone building" thing going,along with being on the Rideau at the locks.
Good combo.






Merrickville from the locks

The locks

The locks other view




Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and nice again. That probably means...a ride!







No comments:

Post a Comment