Monday 3 September 2012

Riding Again

It was a long week of no riding.
My back was too sore from my tumble down the stairs last weekend to think about riding.

I got the oil changed, and the bike cleaned up on Saturday, and just a quick-check-for-leaks ride.

Sunday I met up with Brent, and we rode up through Plum Hollow, Battersea, Inverary, and back through Sharbot Lake.
Outside of Battersea, we had to stop at this cool little bridge that opens up to let boats through.
A couple of stops along the Mississippi River, which we seem to cross at some point no matter where we are heading.
Not a big ride, but I didn't want to push my back, and end up back where I started a week ago.
It was relaxing.














Monday I got out for a little ride to Merrickville.
I had ridden past , but never stopped at,  the ruins across the street from the locks.. I am glad I finally did.
What's not to like ? ...stone ruins and buildings...river..interpretive center..











Sometimes life is such a rush, that we forget to stop and see the sights..
Invariably when I do, I learn something new.

Like today... I had all kinds of grand plans of where I would be riding for the couple of hours I would be out, and I ended up waylaid in the ruins.

Have to step back and remember that sometimes it is about the journey and not the destination.
The process and not the result, is what matters.
Kind of the antithesis of daily life...






No comments:

Post a Comment