Wednesday 26 September 2012

Small rides and more tire action

Been a really bad week or so, weather wise.
Too much rain.

Last week I tightened up my clutch cable, which meant I had to remove the derby cover on the primary case...and as always, one of the crappy Harley torx head screws stripped.
Bought a screw extractor, removed it, and then changed all of the screws to Allen key chrome.
Never as easy or as cheap as I planned.

I have gotten out for a few small evening rides, and on Sunday went out to Brent's in Lanark, and then to Renfrew for breakfast.
I had already decided to cut the day short because it was windy and cold and looked like rain, when Brent asked what was on my rear tire.
I took a look...it was down to threads in 2 spots.
Not good. Not good at all ...

That ended any debate about riding farther...I took the back roads home.
We stopped at the church in Burnstown.

When I got home, I took the wheel off, because I did not trust the tire to drive on any more.

Bit of a beast..I had to remove the shocks to get at the axle bolt, and remove the brake and belt guard too.
Next morning I texted Don from Black's Corners Tire to see if I could drop my wheel off with a new tire and tube, and pick it up later in the week.
He said he would change it while I waited...what a guy !

That night...put the wheel back on and went for a little test ride.
Back in business.



The Madawaska from the Church in Burnstown

Got out for a little ride tonight after dinner. I went out to Rideau road and back on the 416.
Not exciting or anything,but it was nice out.

It gets dark pretty early now. By 7:30 it's black out, and there are a lot of deer rampaging about at this time of the year..
It would suck to hit one for sure.

Hopefully there is some sun this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment