Monday 1 October 2012

Out and About / This and That.

The weather has been a little nicer the last few days.
No massive rides...just out and about.

Both Thursday and Friday I was able to ride to work. A little nurple-ish on the way in, but coming home was nice.
Friday after work my wife and I went out for a little ride and did the Experimental farm, canal and Ottawa River parkway.
The Exp. farm was beautiful as usual.






Saturday morning I took a little ride and stopped to see the rock sculptures along the river.
I was the only one there...that was nice.









Saturday afternoon we went out to Arnprior via Galetta, and came back through Pakenham, Almonte, and Carleton Place.
Actually, it was near perfect riding weather when the sun was out.
Wasn't too cold or too hot..... the Super Glide was happy..it's air cooled.
No back firing, or burning nads from the heat coming off of the motor.
As fun as it looks to be on a Harley on a really hot day... it is not that fun.
They definitely run hot, and prefer the cooler weather.

Saturday night I got out for a little ride up the Queensway to Orleans and back.

Sunday...rainy and cold.
Really crap-tacular weather.
As much as I love to ride ( must be true...look at my profile...it says so.) ...I stayed home and started on one of the many projects I have been backburnering due to my busy riding schedule.

It felt kind of different to be home on a Sunday.
Good, but different.

Tonight I got home from work, gorked back a yummy meal of Salisbury steak, and mashed, and headed out on the bike.
Really nice evening.
Again nothing huge, just down to Maitland (between Prescott and Brockville ) and back.
Still, it was nice to ride steady for 2 hours.
And surprise ! There are still a shit load of bugs looking to commit suicide against my wind-shield.
A couple of frosts should put an end to that.

Tomorrow is looking OK, so maybe I will ride into work, but the rest of the week looks like solid rain.
I don't mind getting caught in the rain, or an iffy day even...but getting to work soaked would suck.

The detachable wind shield and sport front fender on my bike do a pretty amazing job of funnelling all of the dirty water straight to my crotch  from over the tank.
Sweet!
 ....It is hard to look like you know what you are doing, when you look like you pee'd yourself.
I would not want to spend the first 2 hours of my day explaining that no...I do not suffer from adult incontinence....I rode into work.

Any ways...here is hoping the weather people were smoking crack and got it all wrong, and the long range is going to be sunny.



No comments:

Post a Comment