Wednesday 31 October 2012

Not much new....just some riding

As the title says...not much new here.

Last week I did a whole bunch of small rides, and then got out for a nice ride with Greg and Frank from work on the Friday.
It was sunny and 20 degrees....pretty good for October.
We went to Westport via Lanark, Watson's Corners, Elphin, Maberly.
Came home through Perth, Smith's Falls, and Stittsville.
They are both good guys to ride with.
Unfortunately the few pictures I took, seem to have not turned out.

I noticed the bike was sounding loud, which I don't mind, but it shouldn't happen by itself.
I checked the mufflers and they were all good.
Followed up to the rear head and voila..the nuts that hold the pipe to the head were gone.
Could have something to do with the vibration on a Harley ?
Not a big deal though...I got home just fine.

Saturday I bought some nuts to install.
Looked pretty easy.
Took 2 hours. :(

You would need to have hands like a 4 year old Asian piano prodigy to get the top one on.
I,  unfortunately,  have short stubby fingers and no fine motor skills.
Great.

I took the heat shield and the battery case off for more room.
Every time I thought I had it beat...I would hear the "tink" of it falling off, when I went to tighten it.

Although I am not one to swear..this was an occasion when swearing would have been OK...maybe even accepted and expected.

Finally though,  my "rain man-like" patience was rewarded...it was conquered!

Only took 6 or 700 tries.
A triumph for all short-fingered spastics everywhere.
If there had been an audience...I think there would have been applause.

And that is all of the excitement fit to print.
It has been rainy and shitty.
I got a 1 hour spin in last night...not huge for sure.

It looks like the coming weekend might be sunny, but the payoff is that it is supposed to get cold....like highs of 4 or 5 degrees.
I will have to ride anyways, and will freeze my nads off.
You can't not ride when it is sunny , in the fall.

Hopefully,  we get an Indian summer in a week or so.
Then there will be all kinds of blogging to be done.





No comments:

Post a Comment