Sunday 4 November 2012

Getting cold....

I got out for a few rides this weekend.
Saturday night, I just bombed around town a bit for about an hour.
It was actually mild out, and not too bad except for the wind.

This morning I headed out for a longer ride, and froze my nads off.
I was gone about 3 hours, and never saw the sun.
Cloudy and windy. 2 degrees.
I headed up to Perth, and rode back through Balderson, Lanark, Wolf Grove road and Almont.
It was nice to be out, but every 20 minutes I had to pull over to warm my hands.
I can understand why some people get heated grips...

I got home..did some stuff around the house, and then the sun came out.
hmmm...looked "more better" out than it did before. It was now a whopping 4 degrees...so out I went again.

Ended up at Petrie Island in the east end.
It's a pretty nice place.










I saw 3 herons and a beaver while I was there, and strangely enough, quite a few people fishing from shore.
They probably thought I was a little different being out on a motorcycle.

Even with the sun out , I was cold by the time I got home.
I envy the people with the big touring bikes on a day like this...they are almost totally protected from the wind.

I hate to say it...but I can see the season coming to and end.
3.... maybe 4 weeks left...tops.

Shudder!

No comments:

Post a Comment