Saturday 10 November 2012

Almost a rant !

I almost posted a long and rambling rant a few times this week.
I edited it about 10 times, and sometimes it sounded whiny and other times, kind of rage filled.

It all goes back to this past Monday, when I went out for a little spin after dinner.
I was going up the Queensway to St. Laurent, and passed an OPP SUV.

The long and the short of it is that he followed me, pulled up behind me at my turnaround spot, and gave me  a hard time for my helmet, then my insurance, and then my bars.
Nothing he could ticket me for, and he left disappointed.
A real Ass-hole..... with a capital a.

I was mad all week about this because I am feeling harassed.
Yup.
You heard me.
I have been pulled over a few times now, for no other reason than that I have long hair, and ride a Harley.
Seems fair.

I was going to use all kinds of terms like " donut munching prick with a giant ginger head"  to describe the cop.

I was ranting about helmet laws in general, and the do-gooders who think they know what is best for me.

And then I went for a ride today.
Nothing massive...just to Brockville and back through Smith Falls.
It was sunny and cold with no wind, and it felt awesome.
Saw other bikes.
Enjoyed the scenery and the smell of country people burning their leaves.

And that is when I decided that if there is such a thing as karma...and there is.. cops like the one who pulled me over , and do- gooders will get theirs in Hell or in a next life.
Seems just.

I can't let my whole week be defined and spoiled by the actions of one donut munching prick with a giant ginger head.
And I won't.

Cuz if I do?
"They" have won.























No comments:

Post a Comment