Tuesday 9 October 2012

West Carleton Ride on Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Monday was a busy day.
We were having my family over for dinner, so there was a ton of stuff to get ready.

Nonetheless, around 11:30 am my wife said we were all good, and did I want to go for a ride?
Does Rita Mcneil look bad in thong ?
Sunny and nice?
Of course I want to get out!

I headed up to Richmond, and somehow found myself just before Arnprior.
Headed up Galetta side road and saw a sign for the Morris Island Conservation area.
Hadn't been there before...

Turned out to be a good choice.
Nothing specatular about the ride aside from the fall colours, but I found a great spot for future hiking and canoing.












All kinds of trails going from one island to another.
Dogs allowed.
A canoe launch.
And of course, lots of fall colours.

I came home through Galleta and Dunrobin.
Again...nothing special about the ride, but the fall colours, especially across the river in the Gatineaus, made it great.

Thanksgiving dinner was awesome.
Combined with the feast from the night before, I walked around feeling like "Jabba the Hutt" from Star Wars all day.
Nice.

1 comment: