Saturday 6 October 2012

Some Fall Riding.



 Thursday evening I got out for a couple of hours out towards North Gower and Richmond.
Just a nice warm fall evening, and a leisurely ride.
For some reason , the farmer's fields seemed particularly peaceful to look out over.


Friday, 2 colleagues from work ( Greg and Frank )and I went for a pretty awesome ride in the afternoon.
We have all been working pretty hard, and being Friday before the long weekend, the sites were a ghost town by around 11 am.
Seemed like the thing to do.

We went up to Calabogie and then followed the Matawatchan up to Griffith.
People rave about the road between Hopetown and Calabogie, but I think this road is better.
Not as great asphalt, but a much more scenic ride.
From there to Denbeigh, and then the Boulter road to Combermere.

We stopped at the same spot Brent and I had stopped, for the view.
Photos just don't do it justice.
It is so peaceful...the smell of the fall leaves, only the sound of the wind in the trees...horses grazing..
We were probably there for 15 minutes just taking it all in.





I am pretty sure the guys both liked the rest of the road as well.
What is not to like ? Lots of corners and small hills,a wood plank bridge, trees changing colour both sides of the road..

We decided to head to Barry's Bay but first we stopped at the park on the old Barry's bay road.
The water level was low so there was no waterfall, but it was still a great place to stop and see.




Greg and Frank 





We gassed up in Barry's Bay, and then headed to Eganville, and then Renfrew.
A quick break in Renfrew, and then home via the highway.
By this time it was getting pretty dark.

I am not crazy about riding in the dark at this time of the year because of the deer. They are everywhere.
I am guessing it would suck to hit a deer at 60 mph.
Might even put a damper on things.

We took it easy and stayed in the pack with the traffic, and nobody aced out a deer.

I was happy I had my leather jacket with me for late afternoon and the night ...when the sun went down it was positively nurpley.
I almost just left the house with only a jean jacket on...I could have frozen my "special guys" off.

Greg and Frank are great guys to ride with , and we committed to getting out again before the year is over.




No comments:

Post a Comment