Monday 8 October 2012

Spencerville

I got out for a couple of hours yesterday in the afternoon.

When I headed out, I really had no idea of where I wanted to go, or even direction to start.
Heading up Richmond rd. towards Bayshore, I did a last minute turn onto the 416.

Started riding and thought that I would either just blast up to the 401 and back, or get off at Kemptville and go to Burritts Rapids or something.

Was daydreaming and missed the Kemptville turn, so it looked like 401 and back.

Then I saw the Spencerville turn-off.
I have never been to Spencerville, believe it or not..and I have seen the signs for the heritage mill a hundred times.

What a nice small town!
Kind of artsy looking and  well kept.

The Mill was certainly worth the stop.
Gotta love stone buildings.
It is on the Nation River which looked pretty low, but there is still something primal about being near water.
I have a fascination with it.














It was very quiet and peaceful there.
There were some kids at a park nearby, but aside from the that...not much noise.
I could hear schools of minnows feeding, and 2 white geese honking.
I have to get get back here in the spring when the water is high. It would be something to see.

As usual, I took a picture of my bike.
I was feeling rather happy with it yesterday for some reason.
It's 4 years old now, has almost 80,000 km ( 50,000 miles) on it, and there isn't much I would change about it.
It has that well used, well maintained feel about it.
I think that barring some minor tweaks, I have it just the way I want it.


It might not be everyone's cup of tea, but that doesn't matter.
There is no another Harley done up like mine. Maybe similar...but not the same.
And oddly enough....I like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment