Saturday 14 July 2012

Bike stuff and rides

It was kind of a busy week ride and bike wise.
I rode into work 4 days, got out for a ride mid week with Brent and put 4" risers on the bike. The stock ones were about 1-3/4" or so...so I got an extra 2-1/4" in height on the bars.
Big difference comfort -wise, and looks tres sharp as well.

A couple of pics below.






My wife and I went out for a nice ride today.
We went up the 416 to highway 2, and then up to Long Sault to the Long Sault parkway and the Mille Roche beach.

Didn't even know this place existed...a series of islands in the St. Lawrence connected by causeways, and containing camp grounds, parks and beaches.
Uber nice.

Below is an arial view of the islands , I grabbed off of a tourism site...



A Pic of me displaying my farmer's tan 



A couple of views of the water from where we were sitting. 


Pulled into the Esso at the 401/416 junction to cool off and get some drinks, and looked at my mileage.
Pretty fricken cool number. 
6's and 9's are my lucky numbers.
You couldn't plan a number like this to happen just when you hit a planned stop...freaky.


The only shitty part of the day was the heat on the ride home...it was oppressively hot.

But...I should take that back, cuz this winter I will look back on days like today as paradise lost.





No comments:

Post a Comment