Sunday 31 March 2013

And it starts !

This past week I got out for a number of short after dinner rides.
Nothing spectacular, but fun.

Easter weekend...some real rides.

Friday...pretty cold but I got in a couple of shorties.
It was like...




It was riding...but hardly optimum

Saturday I left the house just after 9 am and ended up in Kingston around noon.
416'd to 401.

I stopped in the Harley dealer thinking there would be lots of bikes there.




Pretty god-damned lonely.
WTF up with that?
There was no snow that I could see in Kingston...they are well ahead of us Spring-wise.
I would hate to use a certain term to describe a person who lets a day like that go by without riding.. but it needs to be said.




Anyways, I didn't stick around long and headed back via 15 to Smith Falls.

It was looking and feeling real nice there.It was 10 degrees by this time.
I stopped at the park near the locks.
It was great to hear water running again.
And very peaceful.











I was beat when I got home. Happy as hell, though.
The sun was warm, but it is still cold at highway speeds.

Today was kind of overcast and cooler cause of the lack of sun, but I went up to Perth, and did the Calabogie run anyways.
Still a great ride.
I saw a few bikes, but not a ton.

Oh well...these fair weather bikers are the kind that complain about the cost of insurance for a 4-5 month season.
We live in Canada...there are only 2 seasons...winter and bug bite.

One has to ride as much as possible during bug bite. That is just common sense.
An 8 month season makes much more sense.

This week looks shitty early on, but should improve as it goes along.

Just hoping for a ride...


No comments:

Post a Comment