Monday 1 July 2013

Back to normal and a ride.

Well, it has been a couple of weeks since Ohio, and I am back into routine.
I hadn't done any large rides since Ohio...just a few hours here and there.

The last little while there has been a lot of rain.
Rain and thunderstorms.
Just shitty.



That is exactly how I feel when I look outside and it is raining..


My back tire was nearly bald, so I ordered a tire and tube through J&P cycles in the US.
Even with delivery and duty, I still saved a 100 bucks.
And it took less than a week from ordering to show up on my front step.
Gotta love that !

Got it put on at Black's Corners Tires.
Still a great place, and they are busy as hell. Business is taking off for sure.
They noticed that one of my rear bearings was feeling kind of rough.

No big deal...I ordered in some bearings from Dream Cycle and started Friday afternoon.
4 hours later I still didn't have the old ones out.
New bearing removal tool I bought?
About as useful as balls on a nun.

Saturday am I took the wheel out to Brent's.
We ended smashing one out with a chisel, and knocking the other through, but there was one race left in.
I cut it out with a dremel.

The good news?
The new ones went in great.
I made my own bearing press with threaded rod, large stainless washers and nuts.
I used the old bearing as a protector.

Sunday I got out for a ride with Brent.
We went up to Sharbot lake, and turned off at Wagerville.
Tamworth to Tweed.

We stopped at a bunch of random small lakes and swampy areas.








From Tweed we crossed 17 and rode Flinton road to 41.

Stayed on till Renfrew, and then Burnstown, White Lake, Waba, Pakenham, Almonte and home.
Weather was beautiful...it did not rain, and it was just slightly cool, which our bikes like ...being air cooled.

Nothing major, but a respectable ride, all the same.



al


No comments:

Post a Comment