Wednesday 10 July 2013

Some small rides

Between shitty weather and life interfering, I have not been on any large, magnificent rides.

I did get out to Galetta to check out the new asphalt.
There is a huge chunk freshly paved from old 17 to past Fitzroy.


The road is like glass.
Nice riding.
I almost thought I was riding in the States... definately not Ottawa.

A representation of city of several Ottawa roads...


Kind of looks like Carling avenue....

and now.... the expected and much sought after.... musical interlude.



Really good riding music from Blackberry Smoke.
Some music just lends itself to riding,  better than others do.


we now return to your programming in progress...

I stopped at the little falls at the hydro facility in Galetta.


Just a nice spot.

Last night I rode out to Roger Stevens, and came back Dwyer Hill and Richmond.
It was sweltering in the city, but there were sections of forest area where it was so cool, I could have used a jacket. Refreshing !

And the smells.. there is a definite smell to "green".
The fields, the forests, the bogs....
Pity there is no such thing as a "smell a gram", so I could share the experience.

And tonight I did my front wheel bearings.
YAY !!!
It went pretty well with the exception of the 2 screws holding the axle on.
Spent 2 minutes trying to get them out, then hammered in a screw extractor and bob's your uncle....they were out.
Quick trip to Ottawa Fastener to get quality replacements...non Harley stainless.

Rides like a new bike!

If Friday is sunny, I am going to take the day off and ride.
My fingers are crossed!


al

No comments:

Post a Comment