Saturday 18 May 2013

Friday's ride

I took a vacation day on Friday.
Sunny, warmish...good planning Albert !



1st some tunes:



More Blackberry Smoke.


So I was up with the birds Friday morning good to go, and left at 7am.


I headed up past Perth and stopped at Silver Lake.




Kept going and I was in Madoc. I had decided to go towards Bancroft and do the Boulter road to Combermere.

Great ride on the Boulter, but some sections of road were pretty rough, and had a lot of sand on them.
Made for slow riding.
Oh, well !


On the Boulter Road



Just outside of Combermere, I stopped at the logging park I had visited with my family last summer while on holidays.
Lots of water this year.
Last year we were walking across the rocks...I wouldn't try it now now.

And did I mention...the black flies were outrageous?





I stopped in Combermere and bought some bug stuff..it was crazy.
Even Ned Stark would have had a problem with them.






I love this place.
Wish it was mine....

I kept going up Old Barry's bay road to the Polish monument.
From the little bit of English on the signs, it is apparently a monument to the Polish  boy scouts killed in the 2nd world war aiding the resistance.







In Barry's Bay I stopped to pay my respects to Cheryl....Dan's sister.
Someone does a great job off making sure there are always flowers there.
Still a sad thing.





Barry's Bay was getting busy...lots of long weekend travellers starting early.

Came home through Wilno, Eganville, Cobden to 17.
Traffic coming into Ottawa was almost nonexistant.
Traffic heading away?
Crazy.
Big lines of people caught behind  "drive below the speed limit" geeks.
You know the kind...clutching the steering wheel, gaze welded to the front, impervious to honking, tailgaiting,
flashing high beams....
Secure in the knowledge that by going a constant 82 km/hr in a 90 zone, that all is good in the world.
ROR ( raff out roud )

Today is sunny again.
Going to ride with my wife, do some canoing...a real killer of a day :)
Just going to enjoy the long weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment