Friday 3 August 2012

Barry's Bay Holiday

It was a busy week at Barry’s Bay being on holiday with my wife , daughter Grace and our fearless and faithful pooch, Wiley.

Between swimming, fishing, boating, canoeing and relaxing...



The bike outside the cottage.


I got some quality riding in.
I thought I knew the area pretty well, but still managed to get good and lost a few times on back roads.

There is an elusive road that connects Combermere and Highway 28 near McArthurs Mills...it looks pretty simple, but there are a bunch of unmarked intersections that corn-holed me 3 times....I kept ending up the other side of Bancroft....Oh well.

Still, I discovered a few fun roads.
Like Old Barry's Bay road which ends right at Combermere. Really curvy and nice.
Some cool things too.
A religious display in the middle of nowhere...


And then a really nice park...rocks ...a stream ...little waterfall.




                        Me and my daughter Grace on a bridge at the park



 Me contemplating the river





Another nice road was Siberia road out of Barry's Bay.
It ends at Highway 62 just west of Combermere.
The asphalt was crappy in some locations, and not there in some spots, but it was 30 KM of beautiful country, and challenging riding.

Stopped in to pay my respects to brother Dan's sister Cheryl .
The cemetery is on the road that becomes Siberia.






And checked out Madawaska area.

As usual, everywhere I stopped there were people who wanted to talk to me about my Harley or motorcycles in general.
I guess I must radiate a safe vibe or something...people just come over and start with "nice bike..." and 15 minutes later we are still chatting.
That's cool...I don't mind talking about these subjects !
And it is always good to meet nice people.

So somehow I managed to get in 1100 km without trying...just scouting around and saying "what's down here ? " and just turning that way....the intrepid explorer.
Totally about enjoyment .

Not a bad holiday at all !

No comments:

Post a Comment