Sunday 19 August 2012

Some Nice Weather !

After the last week of rain, it was great to get some decent weather for riding.

Thursday night my wife and I did a little ride out through Richmond to Burritts Rapids, Merrickville , Kemptville then home.
We stopped at the locks in Merrickville. It is a really pretty spot.







Not sure why, but locks have always intrigued me. Simple technology that works, I guess.


Saturday I rode with Brent.
We met in Lanark, went to Calabogie, then  the Matawatchan rd. along Centennial lake.



Road can be shitty in spots...but the view makes it worth it.

From there ....Denbigh to just before McArthurs Mills and up the Boulter road.
Amazing scenery...photos don't do it justice.






The photos above are at a random spot along the road.
As we rode, I knew it was only a question of time before Brent would want to pull over....it was just too pretty.
This spot had a barn off to the left with 5 or 6 horses just peacefully  grazing, and then this view.
We both agreed that living here would be awesome....it was so peaceful.

From here we went to Combermere, and had lunch from a chip truck, just sitting under a tree at a picnic table.

I had told Brent about the little park on Old Barry's Bay rd. and he wanted to see it...so that was our next stop.





The water was considerably higher since the last time I was there.
Brent agreed that it was like New Hampshire.

We rode the rest of the road to Barry's Bay, then came home through Wilno ( with a stop at the lookout, of course), Golden Lake, Eganville, Renfrew home.

Brent commented that there was still all kinds of great riding and rides in our own backyard...all this stuff was within 2. hrs of Ottawa or Lanark.


Sunday my wife and I wanted to do a little ride somewhere, and then go for breakfast, but couldn't come up with a place to ride, because of the bicycle closures to the canal, Parkway etc.
We were just going up Prince of Wales heading to the Arboretum, and we spotted Hog's back.
Hadn't been there in a while!
I turned in....good choice.
You are never too old to climb around on rocks.







From there..breakfast at Al's Diner. which is always good, and then home.

No massive rides, but lots of nice spots to enjoy.

Hopefully the weather holds this week, and I get some more riding in.


No comments:

Post a Comment