Tuesday 14 August 2012

Mid Week update

We have gone from having a drought to rain every day for the last 10 days or so.

This past weekend I got out for a couple of evening spins up the 416...that's it.

Last night after an appointment, I rode up to the canal, and came back along the Ottawa River Parkway.

The water level looks good along the canal, but the Ottawa River still looks really low.










Sorry for the crap-tacular photos...they were all taken with my phone while sitting on the bike.

Short rides, but it was still nice to get out.
Last night it seemed like half of the bikes in Ottawa were out riding the same route.
I got "rider's wave fatigue" in my left arm.

For those not in the know, when you ride towards someone else on a motorcycle, you are supposed to give a little wave... not sure why.
Maybe it is a custom held over from when there weren't very many bikes on the road.
Now every Vespa, rice rocket, enduro, moped , e-bike, cruiser, trike, rat bike ... wave at you when they see you. Sheesh !
It's all too much.

Hopefully we get some weather this weekend.
I could use a long ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment